Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA) is hiring a Development Manager to support the organization’s mission to present the most exciting and groundbreaking independent cinema from South Asian and its diasporas, and to offer emerging and established filmmakers numerous industry-facing mentorship, educational and networking opportunities.
- Identify and cultivate potential donors, , including corporate, foundation, and individual donors, in IFFLA’s community and the areas it serves.
- Communicate directly with donors by phone/text, email, and in person.
- Liaise with corporations to secure sponsorships.
- Work with the Executive Director, Sponsorship Director and Program staff to draft grant applications, gather application materials and provide timely and accurate reporting.
- Manage an annual calendar of foundation and government grant deadlines.
- Draft and edit written communications, including donor emails and event invitations.
- Support production of fundraising events, as needed.
- Research best practices in development strategies, periodically suggest changes to the Development strategy.
- Attend seasonal Staff meetings (in person and virtually)
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Executive Director
- 5+ years experience in non-profit development field
- Proven skill as an excellent writer of non-profit communications such as grants, proposals, sponsorship decks, and acknowledgment letters.
- Close attention to detail, excellent communication and donor cultivation skills.
- Proactive project manager who works independently and makes continuous systems improvements.
- Experience drafting and monitoring budgets in Excel.
- Experience in the film industry and knowledge of South Asian cinema are highly desired.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and 1-2 writing samples in fundraising or a similar genre to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you do not meet all of the qualifications but think you could excel in this position, we encourage you to apply. IFFLA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and dedicated to reflecting the communities we serve. IFFLA works to meet our commitment to diversity and to build an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented communities to apply for this position, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.